Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requests Go Here!
Hey folks! If you have a request, please post here in this thread. We'll do the best we can to find what you're looking for.

Thanks!

PH Archives webmaster
Hi there- I apologize in advance if this is not the correct spot. But I have been on the hunt for a "Rest of the Story" I heard only once as a kid (late 90's) in the car. What I remember is Paul describing the impossibility of an action with math and physics and the action ended up being hitting a baseball or a baseball swing- I forget the phrasing but when he finally told me the special thing, it blew my little kid mind. I am sure there is more to the story but I have listened to a few of the stories from the B category (baseball), but none of them are what I remembered. I thought I would post in here in case anyone else remembered a similar story and could point me in the right direction. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Hello! This is such a great archive. Thank you!  In the late 1990s maybe (article in the AZ Republic is July 15 1996), my father Terry Mikel was on Paul Harvey The Rest of the Story. It's a great story that Paul Harvey picked up off the Arizona republic or another newspaper.  It went: Arizona Motorist Terry Mikel got pulled over for speeding and explained he was late to teach a class at the University.  The officer was going to let him go with a warning and said drive safe.  Dad responded, you mean drive safe-ly.  And, as Paul Harvey says it the way that only he can say it: the officer got a grammar lesson and terry Mikel got a $120 speeding ticket!

I’ll post again if I can narrow down the month/year. 

Thank you for maintaining such a cool resource for fans of Paul Harvey
(12-16-2020, 08:58 PM)AzDad Wrote: Hello! This is such a great archive. Thank you!  In the late 1990s maybe (article in the AZ Republic is July 15 1996), my father Terry Mikel was on Paul Harvey The Rest of the Story. It's a great story that Paul Harvey picked up off the Arizona republic or another newspaper.  It went: Arizona Motorist Terry Mikel got pulled over for speeding and explained he was late to teach a class at the University.  The officer was going to let him go with a warning and said drive safe.  Dad responded, you mean drive safe-ly.  And, as Paul Harvey says it the way that only he can say it: the officer got a grammar lesson and terry Mikel got a $120 speeding ticket!

I’ll post again if I can narrow down the month/year. 

Thank you for maintaining such a cool resource for fans of Paul Harvey

If I come across it, I will let you know.

PH Archives webmaster
Hello;

I remember hearing a TROTS about a wealthy woman traveling from Wisconsin (I think) to Florida in a Rolls Royce. Somewhere along the way the transmission went out so they were stranded. The local mechanic contacted Rolls Royce for info... they got her to Florida... the car got fixed and was sent to her in Florida... in the spring she went back to Wisconsin... she never got a bill.
The Rest Of The Story was; when she contacted Rolls Royce to find out why she never got a bill, they informed her that she must be mistaken because the transmission doesn’t go out on a Rolls Royce.

I haven’t been able to find what episode by searching.
Do you happen to know what episode it was?
(01-12-2021, 09:27 PM)Gordon Wrote: Hello;

I remember hearing a TROTS about a wealthy woman traveling from Wisconsin (I think) to Florida in a Rolls Royce.  Somewhere along the way the transmission went out so they were stranded.  The local mechanic contacted Rolls Royce for info... they got her to Florida... the car got fixed and was sent to her in Florida... in the spring she went back to Wisconsin... she never got a bill.
The Rest Of The Story was; when she contacted Rolls Royce to find out why she never got a bill, they informed her that she must be mistaken because the transmission doesn’t go out on a Rolls Royce.

I haven’t been able to find what episode by searching.
Do you happen to know what episode it was?

That was probably a news segment, not a TROTS story. But sounds like a good one.

I have never come across that one before. If I ever find it I'll let you know.

PH Archives webmaster
My dad passed away this week.  We are looking for a story from the 70's when my dad was a Deputy Sheriff in Nez Perce County, Idaho.  He saw a fire on a ridge line and called in all the services to battle the fire.  It turned out to just be the harvest moon cresting above the hillside.  It would have been a short blurb, but I don't know how to search for it on this site.
Hey!

This is a great site, fantastic someone with the expertise is doing this.

Paul Harvey once told a story about (I think it was a sheriff in Colorado) that was feeding an orphaned (maybe raccoon?) for around 6 months. The higher ups put an end to the feeding... and the animal turned on them. 

Im not positive about the state or sheriff, but the moral of the story was how handouts can lead to dependency and have not so good results. 

I have looked all over, can't seem to find it anywhere. 

Any chance?

Thanks!

joe
(11-10-2020, 09:51 AM)admin Wrote: Hey folks! If you have a request, please post here in this thread. We'll do the best we can to find what you're looking for.

Thanks!

PH Archives webmaster

Hi there! I'm new to the site. I seem to recall a Mr. Paul Harvey "TROTS" about a leader from the Khmer Rouge and how this person (I believe it was a woman) was identified and arrested. Anybody remember that and/or could anyone point me to a transcript or audio clip from the archives?

Thanks.